Thursday 17 March 2011

Jet-lagged in Vancouver...

So...we made it to Vancouver, safe and sound! Well, not quite sound yet...just woken up from a nap and am still feeling a little befuddled...gotta love jet-lag! Our time perception's a little skewed right now...we only had 3 hours of darkness last night, the plane served breakfast at 2am our time, and we get to experience the 16th March twice. Happy days! Am so happy to be here though; it's so nice to be in a real home again, especially one as lovely and cozy as chez Martz!
   Still hasn't quite hit me that I'm actually in Canada- I blame the jet-lag- but I've got lots of activities this week to warm me up to things. Celebrating the retirement of Reid (Bob and Colleen's good friend) on Thursday. Going to my first hockey game on Friday- Vancouver Canucks vs. Phoenix Coyotes. Out to celebrate Patrick's birthday on Saturday. And all this with many plates of nachos and 'caesars' in between! Tried my first 'caesar' tonight...who knew clamato juice, vodka and tobasco could taste so good? Can't bloody wait for the fun over the next few weeks- bring it on! Now to bed, to try and get on Vancouver time before St. Paddy's Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment