Monday 7 November 2011

My First Experience Of Conducting A Workshop...


A few months ago, the Executive Director of FCOSS, Mr. Khan, asked me to conduct a series of short workshops on 'Effective Report Writing'. Never having attempted such a thing, the process was daunting at first. Where should I begin? Did I know enough about report writing to conduct a whole workshop about it? I quickly got reaquainted with an old pal of mine from school- Powerpoint- and within two weeks, had my presentation ready...sort of...


The first day was a little shaky at first...mistiming your presentation and finishing 45 minutes early is probably not the best way to start. I'm not a naturally confident public speaker, and unfortunately nervousness got the better of me. But, after re-arranging my presentation a little with a stronger focus on activities, the next few days were more successful. Most of the participants appeared to engage with my presentations (even during the slightly-more-tedious punctuation sections!) and the pieces that they produced on the last day were beautifully written.


Whatever their purpose for attending, I hope all of the participants enjoyed themselves, and that they pushed their boundaries to learn something new...I certainly did! Long may the testing of my boundaries continue...

See the photos below to see the participants and I in action!





My attempt to look 'scholarly'...or something like that.









Each participant received a certificate at the end.








No comments:

Post a Comment