Monday 21 November 2011

Christmas Lunch With The FCOSS Crew...


It's not even December yet, and I'm already getting into the Christmas spirit. Am definitely feeling more Christmassy now than I have in the past 2 years...the constant playing of carols in the supermarkets definitely helps! Last Friday, I went to have Christmas lunch with the lovely FCOSS crew at the Raintree Lodge: a great restaurant in Colo-I-Suva National Park. That's a good one to test tricky Fijian pronunciation- it's 'Tholo- I Suva'. Raintree Lodge looked out onto a lake in the park itself; the rainy weather added to the authentic rainforest experience! You can even go out for the boat ride in the lake as well- for free! It's nice to have found a haven to escape to away from the city; you couldn't contrast more with bustling Suva if you tried.

We all finally gave our Secret Santa presents...yep, the ones that were decided on my first day in FCOSS back in September! The red necklace and earrings that I'm wearing in the photos below are presents from my Secret Santa buddy, Rosie- the lady whose wedding I attended a few weeks ago. I gave Ro Iva a framed limerick that I wrote about her- in a purple frame, of course. There's a running joke at FCOSS about 'purple' and what you're really trying to say about yourself when you wear that colour...

Anyway! The food was great and the company was terrific as always; I'm always have such a laugh with these guys. I thought I might not have a chance to see them again...but it turns out I'll be staying in Suva!! I'm thrilled to announce that I've found a teaching job here at the International School! Never thought it would happen in a million years, but am extremely grateful that I've been given this opportunity.

Enough about that...here are some pictures from our Christmas lunch:

L-R- Ashika, Ro Iva, Shahana, Mr. Khan, me, Neil











No comments:

Post a Comment