Friday 12 October 2012

My Second Venture Into The Travel Writing World...

...the first being when I made the top 20 of the World Nomads Travel Writing Scholarship back in 2011. That still shocks and humbles me, to be honest. Anyway, I had a great chance to venture back into the travel writing world, when I was offered work experience at awesome adventure travel company Travel the Unknown, I was asked to write two pieces of copy, on Ethiopia and Myanmar. After a fair bit of researching, I discovered that these two countries were endlessly fascinating, with completely surprising highlights.

Did you know that Ethiopia is one of the oldest sites of existence, and was never colonised? Not to mention some of the most beautiful mountains in the whole of Africa...



Ethiopia's Simien Mountains.

Also, did you know that Burmese fishermen have a unique rowing style, whereby they stand on one leg at the boat stern, and wrap their other leg around the oar?


Impressive balance- I definitely could not do that!..

There's so many other little titbits I could tell you, but for now, let me direct you to my Ethiopia copy and my Myanmar copy. Even reading and writing about these places got me excited- just how amazing would it be to visit them?

No comments:

Post a Comment