Thursday 14 June 2012

The Sun Did Not Shine...

...it was too wet to play,
So I gave a small speech
During Young Writer's Day!
(This is an event
That's held at the school,
Where we're trying to show
How writing is cool)
I stood up there in front
I stood there, just me,
And I said 'I love writing-
It's as fun as can be!'
Though some of the kids
Got fidgety bums,
There were some who weren't
Just twiddling thumbs,
So I read them my poem
About keeping dreams near,
'The Dream Snatcher'- that guy
Who, at night, blows in FEAR!
I think they enjoyed it,
But all that I hope,
That even if most
Thought I was a dope,
That ONE child would hear
What I tried to say,
And would look at writing
A new, different way.
By the way, can you tell
From this very strange rhyme,
How, while I spoke,
I was dressed at the time?
To see for yourself
See the picture below-
(Though the famous hat
Is poorly made, I know!)


No comments:

Post a Comment