Wednesday 21 December 2011

A Blighty Fine Christmas...

What can I say? I've been a terrible blogger in the past couple of weeks. Am still revelling in the novelty of being home for Christmas for the first time in 2 years. The cold weather is beginning to lose a little of its initial allure, but am still excited to be here!

I'm also trying to remember how to be a bookseller- working back at my old book shop, Waterstones, has been very surreal (there's my favourite word for you, Patrick!) but lovely. Not much has changed there, but yet everything has- a little like my own life I guess.

You might be wondering why I've been so slack with book reviews in the last few months. It's because I decided to undertake the momentous literary challenge that is Alexandre Dumas' The Count Of Monte Cristo, after finding it in a Fiji hostel. Well, 4 months later, I'm still reading the beast...I'm loving it more and more, but will be glad to see the back of it! Not long to go now...

And of course, I've abandoned poor Lizzie Hayes as well. I'm determined to finish the last two parts by the end of the year- especially now I've just put it in writing!

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a MERRY CHRISTMAS from chilly England! There really is no place like home at Christmas-time...

The London Eye, with Rach and Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment