Sunday 1 May 2011

The Best of British...

What a great weekend it's been- and it's not even over yet! I'm not ashamed to admit that I watched a fair bit of the marathon 8-hour Royal Wedding coverage...and I would happily do it again. Even at home, my skin tingled with the anticipation of the bride's arrival to Westminster Abbey, and got goosebumps when the choir boys sang those haunting hymns...as though I was actually in the Abbey myself. Patriotic, or tragic? You decide! I'd like to think the former...same applies for the stupid smile on my face for the whole horse-drawn carriage procession. Kate looked like a true princess: elegant, poised, classy, just stunning. Her sister Pippa now has a legion of male fans after her complementary dress. William looked dashing in red, both in his nervous blushing cheeks and his outfit. Princess Beatrice...well, I think this outfit speaks for itself. 



No words. Anyway, continuing on my 'I Heart the UK' theme, over the weekend I've been sampling some of the best of what Britain has to offer...

Drinking champagne at my friend Rosh's royal wedding street party, complete with barbecues, cupcakes and all...


...punting on the River Cam in Cambridge with Emma, passing 7 of the 25 colleges...










...and spying a very familiar landmark beaming out beautifully over London on my way home.


Picture Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment