Saturday 2 February 2013

Jaunts in January...

So, after the mental Christmas period, I've actually had a few weekends off to gallavant around the country. After falling for Heston's culinary charms at Dinner, Patrick and I decided to venture to Bray, a small Berkshire village that houses three Heston restaurants, including the famous, consistently globally rated restaurant the Fat Duck. Unfortunately, that one was a liiiiiittle bit out of our price range- only £195 per person!! However, we were still spoilt with the affordable Hind's Head and the Crown; both gastro-pubs had exquisite food as you would expect. The 'hash of snails' at the former was particularly incredible- garlic pan fried snails on sourdough with pistachio puree and shaved fennel, mmm mmmm MMMM! Though the HH might have slightly nudged ahead with its food, the Crown was definitely the winner in cosy pub atmopshere.

If you're ever thinking of heading there overnight, I'd recommend staying at Bray Court Bed and Breakfast. Spotlessly clean, comfy beds, friendly hosts, and amazing fry-up in the morning- what more could you ask for in a B n B? Only £60 for the night too...bargain!

The last two pictures are from when I went to visit my good friend Gem in Cullompton, Devon on a particularly snowy weekend- I actually made my first snow angel! I know, I haven't lived...

Hash of snails. Not my picture, I just wanted you to see what it looked like!


We took a little stroll to the Monkey Island Hotel while we waited for the Crown to open...






Peacocks milling about the Peacock Suite!!


Pulling a chicken pose outside the Hind's Head- don't remember why...


The Crown...



No comments:

Post a Comment