Tuesday 7 August 2012

London 2012...

...the event that makes me gape with wonder at the athletes' stamina (triathtletes, you especially), hide my eyes at vital winning points, and cheer like I'm watching my own family. The atmopshere here in my home city has been truly incredible- the majority is no longer stoney-faced commuters (for now), but happy, smiley people with bright pink, big foam hands. That's probably got a lot to do with the sensational GB team- 22 golds and counting! GB! (clap clap clap) GB! (clap clap clap). Jessica Ennis is now my idol, though not even she can inspire me to become a heptathelete.

Quick little titbit before I show you some pics of our Opening Ceremony, tennis and rowing experiences: one of the GB ladies that won the gold in the team cycling sprint went to my high school! You've done Nonsuch and Sutton proud, Joanna Rowsell!

Anyway, here are the pics- hopefully we can manage to attend one more event before the 12th!


My friends and I getting ready for the opening ceremony.

All sorts of nationalities were all around- Venezuela, Switzerland, even a Japanese TV crew! No Fijians that I could see; I had to represent when they were in the countries parade by waving my Fiji flag sulu!

Jess in the middle, with Tim and his mum either side.



 The Red Arrows zooming by just before the ceremony.

Feeling patriotic!


 A Swiss guy showing off...this was his third attempt. Still blooming impressive, though!

 The countdown begins to the opening ceremony...

 Canada! (Bad quality I know.)

Fiji!!

 (l-r) Paul, Alice, me and Patrick


Murraaaaay- Olympic champion! Not at this moment though; this was just the quarter finals. Murray went on to beat world number 2. Djokavic, then world number 1 Federer! 
 First time on Court No. 1- the second largest court- and we're 5 rows back! Too exciting.





Love your dress, Serena!



 Paul, Patrick and Alice in front of a grass-cut Wenlock, the London 2012 mascot. Cyclops or alien...you decide.


Andy Murray and 18-year-old Laura Robson, who went on to win silver in the mixed doubles.



Spot the Canadian at the Eton Dorney spectator stands!

Good ol' British summer rearing its rainy head...

The Men's Four British team, who went on to win GOOOOOOOOLD! Got a tad excited- along with 1000 other  Brits in the crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment