Saturday 13 November 2010

Ain't No Mountain High Enough...

...to keep us from reaching the top! WE DID IT! We made it to the Thoronga-La Pass, Nepal, 5416m high! It's the highest mountain pass in the world, between the Manang and Mustang districts of the Himalayas! YEAH BABY! We're pleased, surprised, exhausted, achey...all the above and more!

I'm sorry for the lack of blogging over the past 2 weeks- internet is crazy expensive the higher you get. It's no exaggeration to say it's been absolutely fantastic! I'm now officially a trekking fan, which will be a surprising thing to say for all those who know me! Everything surpassed our expectations- the snowy mountain views, our hilarious and crazy guide Suyra (what a recommendation Kate and Jon! Thanks so much guys!), his best friend Sao, that moment when we actually reaching Thoronga-La after 11 days trekking...

But wait...I'm getting ahead of myself. We fly to Hong Kong tomorrow...when we've settled there on Monday I'm going to update with anecdotes and photos! Stay tuned, and thanks for being patient!



No comments:

Post a Comment